What is a car warranty?
A warranty on a car is a contract between the provider and the car owner. These contracts determine what repairs and replacements are covered under the warranty, what the owner pays for, and for how many years and/or miles the warranty lasts. Marlboro Nissan offers a Basic Warranty (Bumper-Bumper), Extended Warranty, and Powertrain Warranty.
Basic Warranty (Bumper-Bumper)
When you purchase or lease a new car with Marlboro Nissan, every vehicle comes with a basic warranty that covers parts that could break down due to normal wear and tear. If there is a manufacturing error then the basic warranty covers repairs and replacements to get your vehicle back up and running safely. A basic warranty covers a new vehicle for 3 years/36,000 miles, whichever happens first.
» If the dealership deems the error is still covered under warranty, the manufacturer covers the costs and is free of charge for you!
Basic Warranty Can Include:
- AC/Heating systems (Compressor, condenser, evaporator)
- Electrical Components (Alternator, power windows, door locks, sunroof)
- Steering (Rack & pinion, power steering pump, power steering hoses)
- Safety Features (Airbags, seatbelts)
If your basic warranty ends and you still want coverage to save you on repair costs, then purchasing an extended warranty is a great option! You can purchase an extended warranty on your new or preowned vehicle, and they are usually transferrable to new owners. An extended warranty will give you coverage for a longer period of time, however it doesn’t include everything that was included with the basic warranty. Marlboro Nissan’s extended warranty includes 24/7 hour road side assistance with no deductible, as well as tow services covering up to 100$.
The Powertrain coverage period is 60 months/60,000 miles, whichever comes first. This warranty covers any repairs needed to correct defects in materials or workmanship.
Powertrain Warranty Can Include:
ENGINE: Cylinder heads/block and all internal parts, rocker covers and oil pan, valve train and front cover, timing chain and tensioner, oil pump, water pump and fuel pump, fuel injectors, intake and exhaust manifolds and turbocharger, flywheel, seals, and gaskets.
- DRIVETRAIN: Drive shafts, final drive housing, and all internal parts, propeller shafts, universal joints, bearings, seals and gaskets.
- TRANSMISSION AND TRANSAXLE: Case and all internal parts, torque converter and converter housing, automatic transmission control module, transfer case and all internal parts, seals and gaskets, clutch cover and housing, A/T cooler, and electronic transmission controls.
- RESTRAINT SYSTEM: Air bags and related electronic control systems.
Check out your warranty information booklet for a full list of “What is NOT Covered”.